Date: Wednesday 28 July 2010, Time: 10.00-15.00, Location: Abu Dis campus, Al-Quds University
Philip Decorte, UN HABITAT.
Dr. Omar Yousef, Jerusalem Studies Center, Al-Quds University.
Ahmad Saleh, Palestinian National Authority Ministry of Planning.
* * *
– Jerusalem Strategic Planning Series – The Wall: Fragmenting the Palestinian Fabric in International Peace and Cooperation Center, Jerusalem, 2007.
– Jerusalem Strategic Planning Series – Jerusalem on the Map III, International Peace and Cooperation Center, 2007.
– Successful Jerusalem: Vision, Scenarios and Strategies, International Peace and Cooperation Center, 2007.
– Nu’man, East Jerusalem: Life under the Threat of Expulsion, Status Report, B’tselem, September 2003.
– The Quiet Deportation Continues: Revocation of Residency and Denial of Social Rights of East Jerusalem Palestinians, B’tselem, September 1998.
– Coon, Anthony, Town planning under military occupation: an examination of the law and practice of town planning in the occupied West Bank, 1992.
– Sharon, Rotbard, Homa Umigda (Wall and Tower) in A Civilian Occupation: The Politics of Israeli Architecture, 2004.
– Derek Gregory, Colonial Present: Afghanistan-Palestine-Iraq, 2004.
– Mick Dumper, “The Multiple Borders of Jerusalem: Policy implications for the future of the city”, Working Paper No. 4, Conflict in Cities and the Contested State. Available here.
– Mick Dumper and Craig Larkin, “The Politics of Heritage and the Limitations of International Agency in Divided Cities: The role of UNESCO in Jerusalem’s Old City”, Working Paper No. 2, Conflict in Cities and the Contested State. Available here.
– Benvenisti, Meron, and Khayat, Shlomo, “The West Bank and Gaza Atlas”, The Jerusalem Post, 1988.
Publications by the Applied Research Institute Jerusalem (ARIJ):
– Abu Ghnaim Environmental Impacts Assessment, April 1996
– The Rachel’s Tomb area is undergoing final wall constructions, March 2006
– Illegal Israeli Settlements Expanded Dramatically between 2002 and 2004, may 2006
Publications by B’tselem – The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories:
– Land Grab: Israel’s Settlement policy in the West Bank. May 2002.
– Under the Guise of Security: Routing the Separation Barrier to Enable the Expansion of Israeli Settlements in the West Bank, December 2005.
– Forbidden Roads: Israel’s Discriminatory Road Regime in the West Bank, August 2004.
– Through No Fault of Their Own, Punitive House Demolitions during the al-Aqsa Intifada, November 2004.
– Demolishing Peace: Israel’s policy of mass demolition of Palestinian houses in the West Bank, September 1997.
– Nu’man, East Jerusalem: Life under the Threat of expulsion, status report, September 2003.
Publications by UN OCHA OPT, Office of the special coordination for the peace process in the Middle East (UNSCO):
– The West Bank wall: Humanitarian status report, northern west bank trajectory, July 2003.
– Cost of the conflict: The changing face of Bethlehem, December 2004.